Here at Retreat, we believe that food should nourish your body, mind and spirit. We believe that indulgence is necessary for joy, but that food can be both enjoyable and healthful.
This, in honor of “National Eat a Brownie Day” on February 10, we’re sharing this easy, at-home recipe for Nutella-style brownies.
This recipe includes a few tablespoons of Retreat’s Calm Hazelnut Butter, which includes Reishi and Ashwagandha, a powerful Indian herb that supports reduced stress, improved sleep, and enhanced calm.
Reishi, a powerful red Chinese mushroom, supports improved immunity, sustained energy, balanced mood, and overall well-being. Reishi is often known as the Queen Mushroom, or mushroom of wellbeing.
For vegans, you can swap out eggs with egg replacement, and butter with coconut oil. If you don’t have Retreat at home, you can use almond or cashew butter.
- 3 Eggs, large
- 1 1/2 cups Almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup cocoa, unsweetened Dutch-process or natural
- 1 3/4 cups Granulated sugar (coconut sugar if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp. Retreat Calm Hazelnut Cacao
- 5 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line an 8" square pan or 9" round pan; either should be at least 2" deep.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the melted butter, hazelnut butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, cocoa, and eggs.
- Stir in the almond flour and baking powder.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it to the edges.
- ½ cup chocolate chips (paleo)
- ½ cup Retreat Calm
Melt ingredients together in a microwave-safe bowl and slather atop brownies before serving.