World Nutella Day is February 10, so there's no better way to celebrate than cookies! While we think it's totally appropriate to eat classic Nutella straight from the jar (you do you)—it's also not that good for you.
Not to be a buzz kill, but Nutella has 21 g of sugar per serving, 11 grams of (unhealthy) fat and is filled with palm oil, which is bad for your bodies, bad for the environment. To make matters more heartbreaking, palm oil farming is largely responsible for the degradation and death of Indonesia's orangutang population.
Now, for the good news, you can swap your Nutella for our "Calm" which is a Hazelnut Cacao Nut Butter, made with hazelnuts, almonds, cacao.
Our Calm flavor has a dose of Reishi, for overall well-being, plus Ashwagandha, which supports reduced stress and anxiety. Plus, nutmeg, the cozy, calming spice, which can relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and enhance relaxation.
These gooey cookies were super easy to whip up—less than 5 minutes to prepare and approximately 8 minutes to make. They're gooey and soft, and great with or without sea salt on top!
What you'll need:
- 2 cups Retreat Calm Hazelnut Butter
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs for Vegan option, use 2 'flax' eggs- 2 T flax and 6 T water
- 1/4- 1/2 cup cocoa powder sifted
What you'll do:
- Turn oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Blend cocoa powder and sugar together
- Add in room temperature hazelnut cacao butter and eggs
- Beat until smooth.
- Roll into 1.5 inch balls on lined or non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool, top with coarse sea salt as desired.